Today, presumptive GOP nominee for President Mitt Romney addressed the National Association of Latino Elected Officials in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. His speech came days after President Obama introduced a new directive that would halt deportations and grant work visas to up to 800,000 illegal immigrants who:
- came to the US while under 16,
- have continuously resided in the United States for a least five years preceding the date of this memorandum and is present in the United States on the date of this memorandum
- are currently in school, have graduated from high school, have obtained a general education development certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States
- have not been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor offense, multiple misdemeanor offenses, or otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety; and
- are not above the age of thirty.
Here’s the full video, courtesy of @RightSpeaknet
President Obama will address NALEO tomorrow.